New Dubai Metro station opens
, September 30, 2013
The Energy Metro station, located between Danube and Ibn Batuta stations in the Jebel Ali area of Dubai, began operations today.
The station, is the last of the 29 stations on Dubai Metro's Red Line to begin operations, said a report in the Gulf News.
The station has a capacity to accommodate 3,000 people at a time. It is served by a feeder bus route F44, the report said.
F44 will run between Energy Metro Station and Ibn Batuta Station via Jebel Ali Hotel Residence, Jebel Ali Church, Gardens, Jebel Ali Hotel Residence, Ibn Battuta Mall and Chinese Corner.
RTA said there won’t be any change in the duration of the total journey time on the Red Line, which currently clocks at one hour 12 minutes.
The 52.5 km Red Line, stretching from Jebel Ali to Rashidiya, serves around 250,000 passengers daily, the report said.
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement