RAK Ceramics wins market leadership award
Ras Al Khaimah, September 26, 2013
RAK Ceramics, the world’s largest ceramics manufacturer, was bestowed the Market Leadership Award last night (Sept 25) at the Asian Leadership Awards 2013 held at Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Dubai.
Organised by the Asian Confederation of Businesses to bring recognition to companies that have contributed significantly to the development of their sectors, the Asian Leadership Awards 2013 was attended by VIPs and industry representatives.
“It is extremely gratifying to know that the hard work that everyone at RAK Ceramics has put in over the years has been acknowledged at this year’s Asian Leadership Awards,” said Abdulla Mahmood, general manager Marketing & Corporate Communication.
RAK Ceramics has an estimated market share of over 60 per cent of ceramic tiles and sanitaryware business in the UAE. The company exports 85 per cent of its local production contributing to country’s import-export balance.
Further, RAK Ceramics has been able to penetrate new market segments with its pioneering products and establishing distribution network in over 160 countries. The company has recently achieved unprecedented milestones of sales of 1 billion sq m of tiles and 50 million pieces of bathware within two decades.
The Asian Leadership Awards was established to recognise achievers and future business leaders, with the annual activity attracting the best companies from across the pan-Asian region.
“It has been our corporate strategy to leverage new technological advances to create more value-added services for our clients and enhance the overall customer experience,” said Mahmood.
“RAK Ceramics will continue to be a leading global innovator of ceramics industry by adopting a pro-active approach in introducing pioneering products in different market segments,” he added.
As the world’s largest ceramics manufacturer, RAK Ceramics has an annual global production output of 117 million sq m of ceramic and porcelain tiles and 20 million pieces of tableware. The combined amount accounts for around $1 billion in global sales. In 2012, the company achieved the milestone figures of supplying 1 billion sq m of tiles and 50 million pieces of bathware worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack