UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
Dubai, May 18, 2013
Romeo Perello, the reigning UAE Barista champion, will leave for Melbourne, Australia, to take part in the 2013 World Barista Championships being held from May 23 to 26.
Perello was crowned UAE Barista 2012 champion during the 4th National UAE Barista Championship held at the International Coffee & Tea Festival in Dubai last year, which is the only dedicated trade event for the coffee and tea industry in the region.
“Being able to represent the UAE itself is a huge honour for me, and it doesn’t get any bigger than the World Championships, which is why I have spent a lot of time and effort preparing for the big day. I am confident that my new signature drink will impress the judges at the Championships and I hope to come back victorious,” said Perello.
Ryan Godinho, the national co-ordinator for UAE World Coffee Events, said, “Perello is an ambassador for UAE's specialty coffee market. We saw him demonstrate world-class skills at the UAE Barista Championship last year. He has a very distinct style and oozes confidence and passion when on stage, which will be crucial factors at the World Championships."
"We wish him the very best and we are certain that his performance in Melbourne will bring pride to the UAE and contribute to further raising the bar of excellence for the country’s baristas," he added.
The 2013 edition of the International Coffee & Tea Festival will run from October 8 to 11 at the Meydan Grandstand and Convention Centre in Dubai, providing a one-stop destination for all facets of coffee, tea, bar & café products, equipment and services in the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family