Sprinkles Cupcakes announces Kuwait debut
Kuwait, March 12, 2013
MH Alshaya Company, a leading retail international franchise operator has partnered with Sprinkles Cupcakes, the original cupcake bakery founded in Beverly Hills and a Hollywood celebrities' favourite, to open its first outlet outside the US in Kuwait at Grand Avenue - The Avenues.
Founded by Candace and Charles Nelson, Sprinkles opened in 2005 as the world’s first cupcake bakery. Today, most cupcake bakeries take their inspiration from Sprinkles which operates 11 locations in the US.
Commenting on the partnership, Nelson said, “We are very excited about opening our very first bakery outside the US here in Kuwait. I am delighted to begin our global expansion from the Middle East through our partnership with Alshaya, a company which has a remarkable legacy of retail leadership. I am sure that our hand-crafted cupcakes will delight our new customers in Kuwait.”
"Sprinkles Cupcakes are baked from scratch daily and hand-crafted using the highest quality ingredients including sweet cream butter, bittersweet Belgian chocolate, pure Madagascar vanilla, fresh bananas, carrots, real strawberries and natural citrus zests," he added.
Mohammed Alshaya, the executive chairman of MH Alshaya Co said Sprinkles Cupcakes has made a huge impact in the US and look forward to extending the brand’s success here.
"Sprinkles Cupcakes is a great addition to our food portfolio and we are delighted that they have chosen to make their international debut in Kuwait," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain