Seef Mall unveils world of augmented reality
Manama, January 16, 2013
Seef Mall, in cooperation with the National Geographic Channel, has launched Bahrain’s first world of augmented reality, which will enable visitors to get up close with the content of the channel from around the globe.
Bahrain media were treated to a special sneak preview of the event prior to its official launch during which Seef Properties general manager, Robert Addison shared details about augmented reality, explaining the technology used to bring to life some of the world’s most fascinating animals like dolphins and extinct dinosaurs, and giving visitors a first-hand experience of moon-walking and terrifying weather systems.
“Seef Mall brings in a new era of interactive technology through this event, which combines education with fun at the same time. National Geographic has always inspired many, we hope families, children and visitors of the mall will take advantage of this unique ‘never-been-witnessed-before’ experience in Bahrain which will be on showcase at the mall starting tomorrow for the next few months,” Addison said.
The National Geographic augmented reality will be in the West Wing of Seef Mall daily from 10am to 12 noon and 4pm to 10pm until mid-April. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan