French defence firms eye Qatar market
Doha, October 7, 2012
A high-level delegation from the NBC Defense GIE, France will be in Doha to attend the upcoming Milipol Qatar Exhibition to seek new business opportunities and explore Qatar’s growing markets.
One of the biggest international exhibition in the Middle East dedicated to internal state security, Milipol Qatar will run from October 8 to 10.
The visiting delegation comprising officials from 10 French companies under NBC defense GIE will look for business opportunities in CBRNe (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and explosives) sector, said a top official.
The NBC Defense GIE, in co-operation with the Trade Commission of the French Embassy – Ubifrance in Qatar, will organise a seminar to introduce the French know-how and technologies in CBRN threats to local authorities and companies.
Bruno Vallayer, president of GIE, defense NBC said: "Our companies would like to develop their activities in the Gulf countries. Qatar economic and demographic growth and its will to organize sports or cultural events of worldwide scope, have to be accompanied by a strong security policy."
"The NRBCe threat, whatever its origin might be – accidental or deliberate - carries a major risk for people and infrastructures," he remarked.
"Within the framework of the co-operation of our two countries, and on the occasion of the Milipo Exhibition, the French NRBCe team will present the French military and civilian ability to response to this threat. It will also be an opportunity for attendants to establish or to keep their relations," he added.
The seminar will present the French “NRBC Defense” military capabilities, the response of French Civil Defense to CBRN issues, the CBRN Defense by the French Government Defense Procurement Agency and the French group of companies (GIE) specialized in “Defense NBC”.
For more than twenty years, the NBC Defense GIE has gathered the main French companies in the NRBCE field in order to offer their French and foreign customers the best solutions in terms of defense.
The evolution of the threat (military attack, terrorism or industrial accident), the evolution of the nature of the aggression (nuclear, radiological, biological or chemical) and the respect of the environment are the group's constant preoccupation, which harnesses new expertise over time to offer tailored solutions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’