Alwaleed honours Saudi Paralympics team
Riyadh, September 25, 2012
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud recently presented SR100,000 ($26,680.18) to the Saudi Sports Federation for special needs, as he received the kingdom’s national Paralympics team which participated in the London Games.
The team was headed by Dr Nasser Bin Abdulaziz AlSaleh the secretary general of the Federation.
The meeting was attended by Heba Fatani, senior executive manager, corporate communications department; Dr Nahla Nasser Alanbar, private executive assistant to the chairman; Intisar Al-Yamani, executive manager, corporate communications department; Omar Almuttawa, executive manager, finance and administration; and Husam Alsuliman, executive assistant to the chairman; Hazim Fahad Aldosary, relations manager of the corporate communications department.
“Sports clubs in Saudi Arabia should focus on encouraging athletes with special needs, as well as encouraging young people to use their spare time constructively,” Prince Alwaleed said.
He awarded a special gift to Hani Alnakhli who brought back a silver medal for the national team in the Men's Discus Throw category. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants