Alwaleed honours Saudi Paralympics team
Riyadh, September 25, 2012
Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud recently presented SR100,000 ($26,680.18) to the Saudi Sports Federation for special needs, as he received the kingdom’s national Paralympics team which participated in the London Games.
The team was headed by Dr Nasser Bin Abdulaziz AlSaleh the secretary general of the Federation.
The meeting was attended by Heba Fatani, senior executive manager, corporate communications department; Dr Nahla Nasser Alanbar, private executive assistant to the chairman; Intisar Al-Yamani, executive manager, corporate communications department; Omar Almuttawa, executive manager, finance and administration; and Husam Alsuliman, executive assistant to the chairman; Hazim Fahad Aldosary, relations manager of the corporate communications department.
“Sports clubs in Saudi Arabia should focus on encouraging athletes with special needs, as well as encouraging young people to use their spare time constructively,” Prince Alwaleed said.
He awarded a special gift to Hani Alnakhli who brought back a silver medal for the national team in the Men's Discus Throw category. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon