Bahrain to resume shrimping July 15
Manama, July 4, 2012
Bahrain will resume shrimping on July 15, said a top government official, dismissing a report that the annual ban could be extended to six months.
“No decision has yet been reached on the implementation of the six-month ban like in other GCC countries,” said Public Commission for Protection of Marine Resources, Environment and Wildlife director-general Jassim Al Qaseer he said.
Many shrimping ban violations have been registered this year which negatively affected stocks, he said.
Traditional shrimping locations have also been affected as a result of illegal reclamation and increase in the number of fishing licences, he added, said a report our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm