TNT Express donates shoes
Sri Lanka, September 29, 2011
In line with its corporate social responsibility, TNT Express in Sri Lanka has donated shoes to school children at Makehelwela Vidyalaya in Mawanella, the Central Province of Sri Lanka.
The donation was an initiative made by the TNT Express’ employees who contributed 136 pairs of children’s shoes as a dedication to give back to the local community and as a reflection of the company’s principles to support the Sri Lankan youth, the company said in a statement.
TNT Express, one of the leading global express delivery companies, is represented by Ace International Express in Sri Lanka, the express delivery arm of Aitken Spence Cargo.
Jerome Brohier, country manager for TNT Express, Sri Lanka said: “Companies and individuals should acknowledge the challenges faced by the young generation nowadays. We, at TNT Express in Sri Lanka, recognise them and try our level best to support the children to overcome these obstacles.”
Brohier also highlighted the partnership between TNT Express and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in their joint effort to fight hunger. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain