800 firms for Dubai interiors show
Dubai, August 11, 2011
The 21st edition of Index, Mena’s top interiors and design exhibition, will feature more than 800 exhibitors representing top international brands from 49 countries at its upcoming event in Dubai.
Taking place across 20,000 sq m at the Dubai World Trade Centre from October 22 to 25, Index 2011 will introduce six product-specific shows including furnishings, inretail, kitchen & bathroom, lighting, outdoor living and textiles.
Organised by dmg :: events, the exhibition will also showcase 20 national pavilions, providing product specification by country.
“The introduction of the product-specific shows solidifies Index’s position as the ‘must attend’ design show for industry professionals from the Mena region,” said Paula Al Chami, event director for Index.
“Based on insights and feedback we received from the market and from our visitors, 68 per cent of the people wanted the show to be product-specific while the remainder wanted to see products split by the manufacturing nation, so we now offer both.”
“We believe this structure will allow exhibitors to effectively present their products and services to the right audience and also make it easier for visitors to navigate throughout our very large exhibition,” she added.
The new product-specific shows at Index will showcase a line-up of top international manufacturers and brands, bringing their latest products, trends and design innovation to this region.
“Visitors to the show can also look forward to the highest number of additional show features the show has ever had,” Al Chami said.
“We are introducing interactive features alongside each of the new product-specific show sectors, generic features, conferences, competitions and panel discussions and CES seminars. With nearly 90 per cent of our visitors looking to Index for networking and inspiration, there will be something in it for everybody,” she added.
Index 2011 will feature a host of events including a kitchen and bathroom show, lighting, an exclusive fashion show, InRetail Summit 2011 - a dedicated conference grouping retail firms, an art gallery, design seminars, a student design challenge event, a Majlis design competition as well as an architecture award and an interior design congress organised by the Association of Professional Interior Designers (Apid). – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb