Saudi hopes bin Laden death will end terrorism
Riyadh, May 2, 2011
Saudi Arabia, the country of Osama bin Laden's birth, hopes his killing will help the international fight against terrorism and stamp out the 'misguided thought' behind it, the Saudi state news agency said on Monday.
'An official source expressed the hope of the kingdom that the elimination of leader of the terrorist Al Qaeda organisation would be a step towards supporting international efforts aimed at fighting terrorism,' the news agency said.
It added that Riyadh hoped the move would also help break up al Qaeda cells and stamp out the misguided thought that is behind militancy.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation