Transguard appoints new deputy MD
Dubai, January 12, 2011
Dubai-based businesses support services company Transguard Group has appointed Geoff Shewry as deputy managing director.
British national Shewry brings with him over 30 years of experience in the facilities management (FM) and security industries which form the core of Transguard’s business model. His previous career has included key senior management roles with organisations such as international FM market-leader Carillion and the UK security company Reliance.
Shewry was managing director of Dubai-based Emril Services, prior to joining Transguard.
Shewry, who took up his role at the start of the new year, has a BSc (Honours) Civil Engineering, and is a member of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
“The experience and leadership that Geoff brings to the group is absolutely invaluable. We have set ourselves some pretty tough targets going forward and we are delighted to have Geoff on board at this very important time in the evolution of the business,” said managing director Mike McGeever.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack