Transguard appoints new deputy MD
Dubai, January 12, 2011
Dubai-based businesses support services company Transguard Group has appointed Geoff Shewry as deputy managing director.
British national Shewry brings with him over 30 years of experience in the facilities management (FM) and security industries which form the core of Transguard’s business model. His previous career has included key senior management roles with organisations such as international FM market-leader Carillion and the UK security company Reliance.
Shewry was managing director of Dubai-based Emril Services, prior to joining Transguard.
Shewry, who took up his role at the start of the new year, has a BSc (Honours) Civil Engineering, and is a member of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
“The experience and leadership that Geoff brings to the group is absolutely invaluable. We have set ourselves some pretty tough targets going forward and we are delighted to have Geoff on board at this very important time in the evolution of the business,” said managing director Mike McGeever.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn