Transguard appoints new deputy MD
Dubai, January 12, 2011
Dubai-based businesses support services company Transguard Group has appointed Geoff Shewry as deputy managing director.
British national Shewry brings with him over 30 years of experience in the facilities management (FM) and security industries which form the core of Transguard’s business model. His previous career has included key senior management roles with organisations such as international FM market-leader Carillion and the UK security company Reliance.
Shewry was managing director of Dubai-based Emril Services, prior to joining Transguard.
Shewry, who took up his role at the start of the new year, has a BSc (Honours) Civil Engineering, and is a member of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
“The experience and leadership that Geoff brings to the group is absolutely invaluable. We have set ourselves some pretty tough targets going forward and we are delighted to have Geoff on board at this very important time in the evolution of the business,” said managing director Mike McGeever.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan