Info2cell offers new SMS services in Iraq
Dubai, June 13, 2010
Info2cell.com, a leading mobile application content and service provider, has launched three new SMS-based services for its subscribers in Iraq.
The three services consist of the Banat Channel, a subscription-based SMS service catering to women, offering tips in fashion, cooking, cosmetics and accessories; the Shabab Channel, a subscription-based SMS service for men, offering tips and latest information on fitness, hobbies, fashion and sports; and the BBC Breaking News Channel.
The launch of the new services is part of Info2cell.com’s efforts to consolidate its presence in the Middle East and North African (Mena) region and complements the excellent growth outlook for Iraq’s mobile market segment in 2010, said Wael Ghanayem, acting CEO of Zain Iraq.
He said: “Under the terms of the new partnership, Zain Iraq will utilise Info2cell.com’s Value Added Service (VAS) platform to deliver SMS based services to its subscribers.”
Bashar Dahabra, founder and CEO, Info2cell.com, said: “Iraq’s mobile market segment is currently experiencing excellent growth rates, accompanied by a rapidly increasing mobile subscriber base. Our association with Zain Iraq highlights our commitment to consolidate our presence in prime growth markets in the Mena region and provide subscribers with access to high quality value added services. Moreover, the new services we are offering cater to three different target markets, thus giving us the advantage of reaching out to more subscribers.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection