Cool shades help reduce stress, say experts
Dubai, April 7, 2009
Colour consultants have said that greens, blues and violets have the greatest effect on the psyche, lessening stress and creating a calm and relaxing environment.
Cool shades are also crucial in developing a feeling of security, according to UAE colour specialists.
At a time when many people are experiencing uncertainty and anxiety about job security and their financial future, the work and home environment will play an important role in determining how they react to various demanding situations.
“Colour has a deep affect on how we react to situations,” said Amna Mirza, colour consultant for Al Gurg Paints (AGP). “Shades of green, blue and violet will help to balance and soothe emotions while developing a feeling of comfort and relaxation.”
“Green has a strong affinity with nature and it creates a feeling of comfort and relaxation, helping to lessen stress,” added Mirza.
“Blue is a cool, calming colour and lighter shades will provide a peaceful environment. Purples help to balance the mind and help transform obsessions and fears.”
Colour specialists can offer help and advice at many of the Dulux decorator centres throughout the UAE, and can help to plan a colour scheme.
AGP is the first paint company in the UAE to become a member of the US Green Building Council, signaling its intention to adopt 'green' policies in an effort to become an environmentally-friendly paint company.
AGP is the sole manufacturer and distributer of ICI Dulux, its own Oasis brand and Leigh’s Paints. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse