Ooredoo, Paris SG partner to develop youth sport
Doha, September 15, 2013
Qatari telecom operator Ooredoo has signed a deal with Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain football club, to develop the youth and community sport in the region.
Chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Saud Al Thani and Nasser Al-Khelaifi, president, Paris Saint-Germain, announced the partnership, which will run through to 2018.
As part of the agreement, Ooredoo and Paris Saint-Germain will launch a community coaching programme across the Middle East, North Africa, and Southeast Asia that will include football clinics for young people.
The coaching clinics will be designed to create opportunities, as the companies will bring qualified coaches and training programmes to a number of key markets, with a focus on outreach to underserved communities and supporting youth in these communities.
The Ooredoo logo will appear on the backs of Paris Saint-Germain team shirts and on the sleeves of their training kits, and at the team’s Parc des Princes Stadium on the pitch side LED system. The team’s training complex 'Camp des Loges' will also be renamed the 'Ooredoo Training Center,' said a statement.
Sheikh Abdullah said: “Football brings people together from all nations and all walks of life, and we have found a great sponsorship partner in Paris Saint-Germain. Through our talks with the club, we have come to know them as a team that is keen on bringing football to new markets, committed to developing communities and is passionately connected to their fans.”
The educational sessions provided during the coaching clinics will include information on proper nutrition, injury management, how to prepare for matches and will focus on encouraging young people to achieve their ambitions at key points in their lives.
Ooredoo’s customers will be able to access exclusive Paris Saint-Germain content. This will include behind-the-scenes footage on how players prepare and recover from a match, along with opportunities to see the team play live with free ticket giveaways. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released