New NatGeo series on Dubai airport
Dubai, August 26, 2013
New National Geographic Channel (NGC) series follows some of the 60,000 staff working at the Dubai International Airport, to keep it safe, secure and on schedule.
The ten-part series ‘Ultimate Airport Dubai’, which will premiere on September 5 on NGC, go behind-the-scenes of airport’s three massive terminals, including Terminal 3 – the largest building on earth by floor space, measuring 359 football pitches in size, said a statement.
The series includes a look at air traffic control handling emergency landings, customs intercepting suspected smugglers and engineers taking apart multi-million dollar jets to dealing with late flights and angry passengers, cargo headaches and even the construction of brand new $3.2 billion A380 facility, it said.
Dubai International handles more than 344,000 flights, 57 million passengers and 2 million tonnes of cargo flying in and out each year and it is the world’s second busiest airport for international passengers. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema