DFI UK Cinema to screen British classic
Doha, August 25, 2013
DFI UK Cinema Showcase, launched in partnership with the British Council and the Qatar Museums Authority, will screen the six Academy Award winning musical ‘Oliver’ (1968) later this month.
The Charles Dickens classic will be featured on August 29 and 30 at the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) Auditorium.
The musical adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic tale set in 19th Century London, tells the adventures of orphan boy, Oliver Twist, who escapes an orphanage and takes up with a group of pickpocketing London street urchins. The film features exuberant choreography, inspired performances and memorable songs.
'Oliver' is a British classic and winner of six Academy Awards in 1969 including Best Director for Sir Carol Reed.
The next installment of films, brought to you by DFI UK Cinema showcase, will continue next month with the Romance Comedy, ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ on September 26 and 27.
Tickets are priced at QR 35 ($9.6) for the general public and a special discounted rate of QR25 for students.
DFI UK Cinema Showcase was launched in February to celebrate Qatar UK 2013 and brings iconic British films to audiences in Doha. The showcase will run monthly until October. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: film |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut