DFI UK Cinema to screen British classic
Doha, August 25, 2013
DFI UK Cinema Showcase, launched in partnership with the British Council and the Qatar Museums Authority, will screen the six Academy Award winning musical ‘Oliver’ (1968) later this month.
The Charles Dickens classic will be featured on August 29 and 30 at the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) Auditorium.
The musical adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic tale set in 19th Century London, tells the adventures of orphan boy, Oliver Twist, who escapes an orphanage and takes up with a group of pickpocketing London street urchins. The film features exuberant choreography, inspired performances and memorable songs.
'Oliver' is a British classic and winner of six Academy Awards in 1969 including Best Director for Sir Carol Reed.
The next installment of films, brought to you by DFI UK Cinema showcase, will continue next month with the Romance Comedy, ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ on September 26 and 27.
Tickets are priced at QR 35 ($9.6) for the general public and a special discounted rate of QR25 for students.
DFI UK Cinema Showcase was launched in February to celebrate Qatar UK 2013 and brings iconic British films to audiences in Doha. The showcase will run monthly until October. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: film |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation