Ikoo unveils new video advertising solution
Dubai, August 18, 2013
Ikoo, a leading digital marketing solution provider, has launched the first-of-its-kind video advertising solution, which aims to unveil new, innovative and locally adapted products in the market.
The launch of Ikoo Video comes at a time when video is fast emerging as a serious contender for online advertisement budgets across the region.
Ikoo is set to take video content and reach to new levels, amidst a surge in online video consumption across the region, thanks to advanced telecommunication networks which have facilitated better connectivity. The changes in consumer behavior in online space are also playing a pivotal role in shifting viewership more towards video.
According to research, over six billion hours of video content is being consumed worldwide per month on pre-dominant video channels and this trend is expected to rise.
Ikoo is tapping into this segment by generating video content to run promotional materials - from linear videos that run before, during or after the main content to non-linear overlays that run simultaneously with the requested content without disrupting the user experience.
Wisam Edgheim, director – Video & Premium Reach at Ikoo, said: “There has been a major change in consumer habits in entertainment consumption. Nowadays, consumers are no longer confined to watching TV through one screen, now there is a 2nd screen and 3rd screen. We can now watch TV through various devices; personal computers, tablets, smartphones and connected devices. Technology is driving consumer behavior and not the other way around.”
“Then, there is a major improvement in the generation of good quality content and user generated content. Many publishers have started to provide high-end quality content to attract a wider audience base and drive traffic to their sites.
“Ikoo decided to take the initiative and the lead in video advertising by providing advertisers in the region access to exclusive, unique and relevant sites of premium quality. This is aimed at providing our advertisers the opportunity to expand their reach and to support our premium publishers to monetize their video inventory,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps