Abu Dhabi Police launches new website
Abu Dhabi, July 21, 2013
Abu Dhabi Police has launched a new website to promote excellence among staff members, by encouraging creativity in all areas of work, and acquainting them with the best methods to achieve distinction.
The site provides a general overview of the Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance, and the main activities carried out by the Quality and Excellence teams.
The website also provides a registration service for the newsletter, the main tool to spread a culture of excellence in a modern way; and gives answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about excellence. It also sheds light on debates between staff members on the best practices that enhance the process of excellence.
Major General Ahmed Nasser Al Raisi, director general of Central Operations, said: “Achieving sustainability of the excellence feature is a major challenge that we can definitely face, thanks to the support of the higher leadership and its ongoing commitment to encourage excellence, and achieve the highest standards in the development process of the police sector in various field.”
He stressed the need to disseminate the best purposeful proposals, which aim to encourage excellence in the areas of government work, as a major part of our daily lives, in the framework of the government’s efforts for transformation into a smart government.
The Excellence Culture Spreading Team affirmed its commitment to adopt purposeful proposals aimed at motivating police staff members to achieve excellence in their work, as part of its Ramadan Council held under the title “Excellence Bites in Ramadan” at the Hilton Hotel Abu Dhabi.
Colonel ThaniButti Al Shamesi, head of the Training Department and Excellence Culture Team Leader, indicated that an outstanding institution is one that achieves and maintains high levels of performance; and meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of its customers. It is also an institution based on the values and vision of the founder, and on the commitment of all employees to abide by these values.
Colonel Al Shamesi also pointed out that the standards of the Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance were meant to assess the extent to which institutions have adopted these best practices, in order to achieve higher levels of performance. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps