Dubai to offer unique Ramadan experience
Dubai, July 9, 2013
Dubai's Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) is gearing up for the launch of the third successive ‘Ramadan in Dubai’aimed at enlightening visitors with a unique cultural and spiritual experience.
Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment, an agency of the DTCM said ‘Ramadan in Dubai’ will transform the city, a melting pot of cultures, into a hub for Islamic, community, social and cultural activities that will focus on the Islamic values of compassion, giving and sharing.
‘Ramadan in Dubai’” will also provide people of different cultural backgrounds a valuable insight into Emirati hospitality, traditions and culture, the agency stated.
The second stage of its “Summer is Dubai” campaign is aimed at positioning Dubai as the No.1 family tourism destination through a number of traditional and cultural activities inspired by the spirit and values of the Holy Month, it added.
One of the main events of ‘Ramadan in Dubai’ is the Dubai International Holy Quran Award starting from 1- 20 Ramadan, which is an annual award given for memorization of the Quran sponsored by the Government of Dubai. Dubai International Holy Quran Award will also feature a series of lectures highlighting Islamic values.
The DTCM will be also be organising the 12th Ramadan Forum from July 12 to 23 at Dubai World Trade Centre, featuring an inspirational line-up of educational and community activities, training workshops, and lectures by Islamic scholars in Arabic, English, Tagalog, Malayalam and Urdu.
Modhesh World, the region’s largest indoor family edutainment venue, will be open throughout ‘Ramadan in Dubai’ and beyond till August 28 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Modhesh World will be open during Ramadan from 12pm to midnight on all days expect Fridays, when it will be open from 5pm to midnight.
Visitors to Dubai will walk into a welcoming ambience right from the time they step off at Dubai International Airport with the attractive décor across the city capturing the essence of Ramadan.
Several leading hotels and other public places will be hosting Ramadan tents for those wishing to break their fast at Iftar, as well as having meals during Sohour, it stated.
Visitors can continue to avail themselves of attractive discounts of up to 75 per cent that are being offered by participating malls and over 6,000 retail outlets in Dubai.
During ‘Ramadan in Dubai’, shoppers spending Dh200 at a participating mall are entitled to participate in the “Summer is Dubai” Eid promotion to win a total of Dh1 million worth of gold and Dh1 million worth of scratch and win gift vouchers.
An ‘End of Season’ promotion will offer a grand prize of Dh1 million with the millionaire raffle draw being scheduled for September 7, said the statement from DTCM.
In addition to making Ramadan shopping an enriching experience, leading hotels will also be offering family packages including one that allows children Under 12 to stay for free, it stated.
The largest ever indoor sports festival, Dubai Sports World at Dubai World Trade Centre will offer sports enthusiasts of all ages to enjoy an unrivalled experience within a purpose built multi-sport arena throughout Ramadan till August 21, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat