Dubai firm CEO wins top global award
Dubai, July 1, 2013
Aneeta Gupta, the CEO of Visionaire, a Dubai-based information and communication technology (ICT) solution provider and system integrator, has become the first woman outside the US to win 'Women in AV Award' from InfoComm International.
The 'Women in AV Award' was created by InfoComm to raise awareness on the growing role of women professionals in the field of audiovisual technology.
The award winners are in the upper echelon of AV professionals and symbolize the strength of entrepreneurship and excellence in developing tomorrow’s AV talent, said a statement from InfoComm International, the professional audiovisual trade association.
Aneeta was presented the award at the InfoComm 2013, the world’s largest commercial audiovisual trade show held earlier this month in Orlando, Florida.
“Aneeta has demonstrated extraordinary levels of professional knowledge, while taking time to improve the industry and better the lives of others,” remarked David Labuskes, the executive director and CEO of InfoComm International.
“InfoComm is pleased to celebrate Aneeta’s achievements,” he added.
Aneeta started Visionaire in 1995 with just two employees and since then it has grown to become one of the largest systems integrators in AV and IT, said a statement from the company.
It successfully developed a new business model for system integration called Technomics with 600 people supporting the organization and its customers in the Middle East and other parts of the world.
"Aneeta is an astute leader with tremendous vision that has driven Visionaire’s growth from its tech-start-up 18 years ago to becoming an end-to-end service provider of integrated technology solutions," said the statement.
"Her perseverance has led Visionaire to embrace the opportunities of early networked AV solutions, multi-site videoconferencing, central control, leading-edge digital signage, IPTV, telepresence and, most recently, unified communications and collaboration. Visionaire has earned recognition locally in Middle East and internationally by winning many industry awards."
A natural leader who is passionate and determined to bring success to those around her, Gupta believes in the empowerment of women, which has led to her nurturing several leadership positions in Visionaire, said InfoComm International in its review.
Currently, the heads of Technical Program Management, Procurement Management, Marketing and Human Resources are all women. And in 2012, 80 per cent of Visionaire’s internship and trainee engineering intake program were women engineers, it stated.
Apart from her leadership role at Visionaire, Gupta mentors young entrepreneurs. She plays a leadership role as a charter member of TiE, a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship worldwide, with 57 chapters in 14 countries, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released