Nawras to help Omani boys meet Messi
Muscat, May 15, 2013
Two Omani youngsters Majid Al-Shabli and Mohamed Al Balushi will get to meet Soccer star Lionel ‘Leo’ Messi in Qatar as part of a programme organised by Oman's telecom operator Nawras.
With this once-in-a-lifetime experience, football hero Messi is set to make dreams come true for children from around the world including Majid and Mohamed when he visits Qatar to launch a new global initiative later this month, said a statement from Nawras.
Mohamed Al Balushi recently triumphed as one of the winners of a competition held in Oman for budding sports commentators, while Majid Al Shabli’s dedication and enthusiasm for football stood out during a Kickworldwide leadership course, sponsored by Nawras in Sohar.
“Nawras is thrilled to be able to offer Majid and Mohamed this amazing chance to meet the world famous footballing star, Leo Messi,” said Ross Cormack, Nawras CEO.
“We are very excited that these talented Omani youngsters are about to have such an inspiring experience. Nawras shares Ooredoo’s commitment to the development of opportunities for young people within our community,” he added.
This comes as part of Ooredoo’s and Messi’s shared commitment to giving life chances to young people, said the statement.
Messi will also host a special football coaching session in Doha, with children from across Ooredoo’s global footprint including Oman, it added.
Ooredoo is committed to enriching people’s lives and stimulating human growth – enabling people to achieve their aspirations and, in particular, supporting youth in achieving their potential.
It is working with Messi and the Messi Foundation on a number of key projects to make a difference across Ooredoo’s markets. The first in the series of initiatives will focus upon young people’s welfare and development.
The football star will make a major announcement at a special ceremony with Ooredoo on May 20, and will also take part in a range of activities in Qatar to promote sport and connect with the community.
“I’m looking forward to returning to Qatar and partnering with Ooredoo on initiatives to enhance opportunities for youth from around the world. Whether on the football pitch or off it, I’m always glad to make a difference in the community, and bring smiles to children’s faces,” said an elated Messi.
Majid and Mohamed will join a delegation that will include children from Qatar, Palestine, Indonesia, Iraq, Algeria, Tunisia, Kuwait and the Maldives – all countries in which Ooredoo companies play an active role in promoting life chances for youth.
Part of the delegation will be a young girl from Palestine who won an international writing contest, a young boy from Baghdad, Iraq who overcame the loss of a leg to pursue his dreams, Indonesia’s most famous footballer-actor child, sporting talents from North Africa and other young people from across Ooredoo’s footprint with inspiring life stories.
Ooredoo is sponsoring the children’s delegation and also working with Qatar local children’s organisations to enable as many young people as possible to take part.-TradeArabai News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat