Thousands in Bahrain unite
Manama, May 4, 2013
Thousands of people from different communities yesterday converged on the Prince Khalifa bin Salman Park in Hidd to celebrate the "Bahrain for All, All for Bahrain" festival.
The community event was organised to portray the vision of Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, said organisers.
The first of its kind in Bahrain, organisers said they aimed to host many similar events to bring communities within the country together to share their talent and culture, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
Baluch, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Young Goan, Nepal, Perkibar-Indonesian, Kerala, Karnataka and Filipino clubs organised cultural stage shows as well as street performances to keep visitors entertained.
Children's activities and more than 100 stalls were available selling food, books, clothes and jewellery amongst many other items. Shuttle services had been provided to the nine participating clubs to bring members from their clubs to the venue and back.
Discover Islam had stalls available to share information and offer buses to their members to bring people to and from the venue. There were calls for prayers on-site and an imam to lead prayers.
The event was sponsored by Al Baraka Bank, NBB, Bapco, GPIC, Gulf Daily News, 104.2YOURFM and Amoor Advertising, and organised by Consult Nivs, in co-ordination with Radiance Advertising and Publicity. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing