Thousands in Bahrain unite
Manama, May 4, 2013
Thousands of people from different communities yesterday converged on the Prince Khalifa bin Salman Park in Hidd to celebrate the "Bahrain for All, All for Bahrain" festival.
The community event was organised to portray the vision of Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, said organisers.
The first of its kind in Bahrain, organisers said they aimed to host many similar events to bring communities within the country together to share their talent and culture, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
Baluch, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Young Goan, Nepal, Perkibar-Indonesian, Kerala, Karnataka and Filipino clubs organised cultural stage shows as well as street performances to keep visitors entertained.
Children's activities and more than 100 stalls were available selling food, books, clothes and jewellery amongst many other items. Shuttle services had been provided to the nine participating clubs to bring members from their clubs to the venue and back.
Discover Islam had stalls available to share information and offer buses to their members to bring people to and from the venue. There were calls for prayers on-site and an imam to lead prayers.
The event was sponsored by Al Baraka Bank, NBB, Bapco, GPIC, Gulf Daily News, 104.2YOURFM and Amoor Advertising, and organised by Consult Nivs, in co-ordination with Radiance Advertising and Publicity. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut