100 projects vie for Bahrain eGovt awards
Manama, April 4, 2013
More than 100 projects have been evaluated for Bahrain’s eGovernment Excellence Awards 2013, said a top official, adding that the development of governmental entities’ electronic projects have significantly improved compared to last year.
Announcement of the Excellence Award winners will take place during the official opening of Bahrain International eGovernment Forum 2013 on April 8.
Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the Supreme Committee for ICT, will honour the winning entities and projects.
The jury will also prepare the reports for those who were unlucky to win the award, said jury chairman Jeremy Millard.
The participating bodies adopted award standards and requirements based on international practices as essential principles in their work and projects, and have taken them as indicators of success to provide citizens with better services – such step reflect the growth of awareness and importance of excellence, he noted.
“The committee’s task was not only to identify and sort the winning works, but to also assist those which did not reach the winning stage by supporting these entities with prepared reports for developments. The reports include jury members’ notes and instructions to enhance the unsuccessful projects, with clear form and precise details,” stated Millard.
"The eGovernment Excellence Award became an integrated program that copes with the methodologies of Bahrain Center for Excellence in transferring knowledge management for all governmental entities with a major move in the level and performance of the services provided by the public sector," stated eGovernment Authority Vice CEO Dr Zakareya Ahmed AlKhaja.
“The eGovernment Authority has taken on the position of encouraging innovation and supporting excellence through the eGovernment Excellence Award as it has become one of the streams of promoting such culture and adopting it as a platform.”
Dr AlKhaja added that the eGovernment Authority is keen to benefit from the projects and innovations created by the participants in the award. It will also work on adopting the distinguished concepts and applying them by collaborating with the relevant bodies.
The winning projects in the Government Sector category will be officially qualified to represent Bahrain in the GCC eGovernment Award 2013 which will be organised in the UAE at the end of this year.
The GCC awarding ceremony is held once every two years. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps