Bahrain Boat Show to draw over 18,000
Manama, March 30, 2013
Thousands yesterday flocked to the Bahrain Boat Show at the Amwaj Marina.
Event organisers are expecting 18,000 visitors, 3,000 more than last year, and 30 per cent of them are expected to be from neighbouring GCC countries, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The Bahrain Boat Show was officially opened on Thursday by Works Minister Essam Khalaf in the presence of officials from organisers Knotika Holdings and guests.
The three-day event, which ends today, is organised in association with Tamkeen and Amwaj Islands and attracts luxury brands from all over the world. The show is open today from 3pm to 10pm.
It features the world's premium marine vessels, products and services as well as activities and entertainment for the whole family. In addition to boats and yachts, the show features outdoor recreational lifestyle products.
There are also live entertainment, games, activities and boat trips to keep the whole family entertained.
There is an helicopter show by the Coastguard while the BDF is displaying water and land rescue demonstrations.
Visitors also get the chance to try their hand at bungee and Kangoo jumping, said the event organisers.
Also during the show, Audi Centre Bahrain is displaying the new Audi S models for the first time in the Kingdom.
The Audi S6, S7 and S8 are the high-performance versions of Audi's top-selling Middle East saloons and are powered by a new engine - a four-litre, twin-turbo V8, which combines ample power with low fuel consumption in keeping with the times. -TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film