Key changes at Abu Dhabi Media
Abu Dhabi, January 29, 2013
Abu Dhabi Media (ADM), one of the largest media companies in the UAE and the region, has announced a number of key structural changes aimed towards further streamlining operations.
Ayman Safadi, CEO of ADM, also announced the recruitment of senior executives to assist the company in improving its output via the development of world class operations.
ADM owns and operated TV and radio stations, as well as newspapers, magazines and digital brands.
The company will create a Digital Media Services Division to focus on extending the organization’s offerings in the digital space and pursue the creation of dynamic digital content.
Digital Media Services will position ADM as a regional leader in digital media, as well as focus on supporting Arabic content creation and distribution in the region, said a statement.
Abdul Hadi Al Sheikh has been appointed executive director of Digital Media Services. Al Sheikh has enjoyed a successful career in the media sector over the past 15 years, with previous postings at Emirates Media (now ADM) as head of digital media, director of technology, and chief technology officer.
In 2008, he was appointed CEO of LIVE, ADM’s outdoors production and broadcasting company, which he built into a world-class profitable business. Al Sheikh will continue to serve as CEO of LIVE. He holds an MBA from the University of Strathclyde (Scotland).
Mohamed bin Taliah was appointed as chief information security officer. Bin Taliah will strive to establish and implement a robust security program for the company, as it actively seeks to protect and safeguard its assets, said the statement.
Waleed Saeed Al Awadhi has been appointed as the executive director of marketing and communications, while Abdulwahed Almuwalekh is the new deputy chief commercial officer and Roy Hintze, the director of The Office of Strategy Management.
Abu Dhabi Media has also confirmed Mohamed Dobay as chief financial officer. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released