Abu Dhabi Art to feature top global talent
Abu Dhabi, January 23, 2013
The fifth edition of Abu Dhabi Art will present a programme of art, talks and performances that brings together the world's top galleries, artists, notable cultural icons, collectors and visitors from across the globe.
Abu Dhabi Art 2013 will be held from November 20 to 23 at Saadiyat Cultural District, Saadiyat Island.
Abu Dhabi Art is a unique platform for modern and contemporary art and design as well as a carefully curated public programme. It is an international platform aiming to create awareness, education and continuation of artistic and cultural interest through the selected exhibited galleries, vast showcased works and talking platforms by art world academics, connoisseurs, patrons and leading and emerging artists from all fields of the visual arts.
The fourth edition of Abu Dhabi Art firmly established Saadiyat Island and Abu Dhabi's legacy as the cultural destination of the future.
An unprecedented level of interest to Abu Dhabi's museum projects reached an all-time high with an audience of over 1,000 attended the panel discussion featuring the world's top three architects - Frank Gehry, Jean Nouvel and Lord Norman Foster. The presence and participation of such members from the art world only confirmed the development and commitment to culture in Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi Art is held in the Saadiyat Cultural District (currently home to the Manarat Al Saadiyat exhibition center and UAE Pavilion), and the future home to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Zayed National Museum and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi.
The 2012 Edition succeeded record breaking numbers in terms of artists exhibited (400), works of art (600), media attendees (470), galleries (50) and art talks and education workshops, live performances and book launches (50).
Abu Dhabi Art 2013 is organised by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released