Memac Ogilvy scoops top Mepra award
Beirut, January 14, 2013
Memac Ogilvy PR recently scooped the ‘Best Use of Social Media’ award at the Middle East PR Association (Mepra) awards for its work on Qatar Coral’s #Ramadangram campaign.
Memac Qatar’s award winning campaign #Ramadangram was one of the first campaigns in the region to leverage social networking phenomenon, Instagram, via a campaign designed to increase engagement amongst young Qataris during the month of Ramadan, a statement from the company said.
Edmond Moutran, chairman and CEO of Memac Ogilvy Middle East and North Africa, said: “It’s always gratifying to have our work acknowledged by industry peers across the Middle East. This award is a great reflection of the company’s talent and its commitment to delivering powerful, effective communication strategies and campaigns. This award reflects the creativity and market insight of our youngest office in the region as it sets a new benchmark for regional digital performance.”
“As clients continue to place social media campaigns at the forefront of their marketing and PR activity, we respond with break though campaigns such as #Ramadangram, achieving truly measurable client results from our newest and youngest office in the region, Qatar,” said Saada Hammad, regional PR director, Memac Ogilvy PR Mena. “We hope that we continue this momentum in 2013 supporting our clients in award-winning campaigns.”
The #Ramadangram campaign was leveraged on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook engaging the residents of Qatar in a seven-day Instagram photography competition.
Participants were asked to capture their best Ramadan moments and share them via Qatar Coral’s Twitter page (@qatarcoral). Winning images were selected by a panel of judges at Qatar Coral and displayed on the company’s Facebook page.
The ‘Best Use of Social Media’ award under the best practice technique category of the Mepra Awards acknowledges excellence and creativity of the most effective social media campaigns that create brand-engaging platforms and opportunities.
SamerAbboud, managing director of Memac Ogilvy & Mather Qatar, said: “We are delighted that our work has been recognised at the prestigious Mepra awards. This award reflects our team’s passion, forward-thinking and in-depth market knowledge. We have great plans for Qatar as we aim to create award winning results for all clients seeking high standards of communication and integrated solutions that drive their business value.”
Memac Ogilvy PR is a part of Memac Ogilvy group established in Bahrain in 1984. Since then, it has grown from one person to more than 60, and expanded to include 16 offices across the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections