Al Habtoor drive to help Syria refugees
Dubai, January 3, 2013
Al Habtoor Group, a UAE-based conglomerate, donated blankets and heaters to Syrian refugees in Jordan and Lebanon as part of a major relief campaign.
The campaign "Relief them in Winter" was launched by Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, and organised by the UAE Red Crescent Authority.
Under the slogan "Let's make their winter warm", Abdul Salam Marzooqi, director of Community Relations at Al Habtoor Group, delivered the donation to the officials in the UAE Red Crescent Authority of Dubai.
"It is our duty to give a helping hand to alleviate the suffering of our brothers, the Syrian refugees in the camps,” said Khalaf Al Habtoor, chairman of Al Habtoor Group.
He added: "The donation in this case represents a national, humanitarian and moral contribution, and an extension of the approach developed by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, may he rest in peace, to provide assistance to humanitarian causes that haunt many peoples in the world."
Khalaf Al Habtoor stressed the importance of the role of the UAE Red Crescent Authority in light of the disasters and crisis in many parts of the world, saying that "the Authority is a source of pride for all the Emiratis. It is up to the challenge and humanitarian responsibility put on its shoulders."
Mohammad Abdallah Zarouni, director of UAE Red Crescent Authority, said: "We would like to thank Khalaf Al Habtoor for responding to the campaign of the President. This is not new to Al Habtoor who is always in the foreground in charitable work, like all Emirati citizens.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show