50 to compete in Yas Drag Racing series
Dubai, December 18, 2012
More than 50 drivers from across the UAE and Middle East are set to go head-to-head on December 21, in the opening round of the Yas Pro Drag Racing Series at Yas Marina Circuit.
Competing in four rounds, drivers in the series will battle it out for top drag honours and their share of a prize pool that exceeds Dh1 million ($0.27 million).
“The Yas Pro Drag Racing Series has solidified its reputation as one of the most prominent and highly anticipated drag racing events in the Middle East,” said Yousif Al Sayegh, manager of Yas Drag Racing Centre. “The drag racing community in the UAE continues to grow, and the quality of the competition is outstanding.”
This series will consist of six entry categories including the Pro 6, Pro Modified, 4.8 Index, Pro Bike, Super Street Bike, and Super Street 8. The drag racers will compete on a distance of 200 meters.
“Both fans and drivers can expect some fierce competition in this opening round. Many participants in the series will be competing in new cars and we’re expecting many records to be broken. All in all, it’s set to be an exciting weekend,” Al Sayegh added.
“Last season’s final round of Yas Marina Circuit’s Pro Drag Racing Series came to thrilling conclusion with Emirati drag racer, Sultan Al Zaabi taking top honours in the Pro Mod category.”
Round one of the series will run at the Yas Drag Strip, the first NHRA approved drag strip in the Middle East. Entry for spectators is Dh50. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released