DFC names garden contest winners
Dubai, December 17, 2012
Dubai Festival City (DFC) has announced the three winners of its recent contest My Beautiful Yard, a garden beautification event held amongst residents of the Al Badia residential district.
The event was sponsored by ACE and Dubai Festival City Mall.
UAE National Walid Al Hashemi, Afsaneh Sharghi from Iran and a Dutch National, Gunther Brandt clinched the first, second and third positions respectively in the garden beautification contest.
All three winners received Weber BBQ sets from ACE and gift vouchers for Dubai Festival City Mall.
Their gardens met a set of stringent criteria, including garden design, plant selection and arrangement, sanitation, lawn and plant health as well as water conservation, among others.
Ian Plumley, general manager Residential at Dubai Festival City said: “This contest motivated many residents of Al Badia into applying themselves towards beautifying their gardens and enhancing the look and feel of one of the finest residential districts in Dubai.
“The competition was also about community engagement which is one of Dubai Festival City’s key priorities. It provided many residents of Al Badia with an opportunity to win valuable prizes from ACE.”
Joe Eid, Outdoor Lifestyle Buyer at ACE UAE said: “ACE is proud to take part in such an important event that promotes the need to constantly preserve gardens and other green spaces in Dubai. This was the ideal platform to engage the community at Al Badia, one of Dubai’s most beautiful residential districts located at Dubai Festival City.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film