Facebook to launch improved content control
San Francisco, December 13, 2012
Leading social networking site, Facebook, has announced the introduction of new easy-to-use shortcuts and tools to better users’ management of content.
The company has launched new privacy shortcuts, which is located on the tool bar to help manage ‘who can see my stuff?’ ‘Who can contact me?’ and ‘How do I stop someone from bothering me?’
Users will also have more control over app permissions, enabling them to decide what they do or do not want to share, a statement from Facebook said.
Along with the overall effort to continue bringing privacy controls up front, the company will soon add in-context notices throughout Facebook.
It has also updated the activity log, so that users can see their own activity, such as likes and comments, photos and posts. Within the updated log, users now have a request and removal tool for taking action on multiple photos that the user has been tagged in.
It is also easier to ask people who posted the photos to remove them. Users can go to the ‘Photos of you’ tab, select multiple photos, and ask friends to take down shots. The user can include a message and the tool also allows the user to untag multiple photos.
The updates and new tools will begin rolling out at the end of the year, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New spabike launched in UAE
- Bahrain may stage 2014 F1 season opener
- Book on Bahrain PM’s achievements launched
- BenQ unveils new digital signage range
- UAE cinema launches first Dolby Atmos theatre
- Bahrain Wahooo! in new Guinness record bid
- Bahrain extends deadline for eContent award
- Saudi to block WhatsApp ‘within weeks’
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai to share UAE Pro League broadcast
- ME firms set for Asia's biggest infocomm show