Luxury fashion event opens in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 27, 2012
World Luxury Fashion Week, a major event featuring some of the world’s leading high-end fashion brands, opened last night at Etihad Tower in Abu Dhabi.
The evening, “Haute Couture 2012 presented by BMW”, featured two collections by French haute couture fashion designer Jean Paul Gaultier followed by a fine jewellery show from Garrard.
Mona Ibellini, master of ceremonies for World Luxury Fashion Week, welcomed guests and looked stunning in an Amato Couture evening dress, accessorised with fine jewellery by Garrard.
Giambattista Valli, Alexis Mabille and ‘on aura tout vu’ by Livia Stoianova & Yassen Samouilov will present collections to invited guests tonight (November 27).
The final two evenings of the four-day World Luxury Fashion Week will showcase some of the most prestigious prêt-à-porter brands, featuring, amongst others, the likes of Ermanno Scervino, Carolina Herrera NY, Nina Ricci, Hervé Léger, Paule Ka ‘Black Carpet’ Collections, and acclaimed regional designers, Walid Atallah, Amato by Furne One and DAS Collection.
The organisers of World Luxury Fashion Week have also partnered with premium bottled water brand, Evian, and its limited edition bottle designed by renowned fashion designer, Diane von Furstenberg.
Evian’s latest limited edition bottle by Diane von Furstenberg is available in the Middle East for a limited period, a statement said.
World Luxury Fashion Week is being hosted at November 25 to 28.
Evian joins the ranks of other iconic partners of World Luxury Fashion Week, Abu Dhabi Motors, BMW, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Rowenta, Etihad Airways and Avenue at Etihad Towers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE