Depe in Modesh cartoon series deal
Dubai, November 26, 2012
Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe) said it has entered into a strategic alliance with Italy’s Mondo TV, to produce and distribute worldwide an animated cartoon series on Modhesh, the region’s most popular locally-developed cartoon character.
Depe is an agency of the Department of Economic Development in Dubai and also the licensor of Modhesh.
Mondo TV, one of Europe’s renowned animation production and distribution companies, said as per the agreement signed with Depe, 26 episodes of the Modhesh cartoon series, each of them lasting 13 minutes, will be produced in both Arabic and English, and subsequently distributed on a regional and international level.
The Modhesh series will feature a variety of educational topics that will offer a learning experience to children in an entertaining way that will help inculcate noble values and important lessons in children and contribute toward their character and personality development.
The agreement also stipulates that the cost of producing the series and the revenues earned from the distribution and licensing rights will be shared jointly by Depe and Mondo TV. The agreement also offers Mondo TV exclusive international distribution rights to this cartoon series for a period of five years.
Mondo TV will be participating in Depe’s pavilion at the "Character Dubai 2012" exhibition, being held from November 27 to 28 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
It is an exclusive trade event for production, marketing and licensing of cartoon characters, animation, and films, and features the most diverse collection of properties and brands.
Among those participating will be licensees, distributors, licensing agents, manufacturers, wholesalers, brand & property owners, licensors and retailers, according to a senior official.
Depe CEO Laila Suhail said: "Modhesh, which was launched as a cartoon character during Dubai Summer Surprises in 2000 has become a big hit with children across the region. For the past few years Depe has been working towards taking Modhesh to the next big level, which is, the international scene."
"The signing of this strategic partnership with Mondo TV will further enhance our efforts to build on the astonishing fame of Modhesh and turn it into a global icon admired by children around the world," he added.
Suhail also pointed out the importance of the licensing and cartoon industry and the great business opportunities offered by this sector, as well as its positive impact on the national economy.
"We have worked hard to develop this cartoon character and transform it into a brand by itself with its own licensing rights, and in the process we have also signed a number of agreements and partnerships with specialized international companies in developing the Modhesh brand."
"We are confident that the production of the Modhesh series in collaboration with Mondo TV will be a huge step forward on the road to international fame for this lovable children’s character," she added.
Matteo Corradi, the senior VP of International Sales, Mondo TV, said: "We are delighted to work in close collaboration with Depe to produce this series on the amazing Modhesh cartoon character that is so popular in this region. We expect to finish production in less than a year so that it is ready to be telecast in the UAE next year."
Corradi predicted that the popularity of the Modhesh brand will be universal and widespread, especially after the completion of production and distribution of the proposed cartoon series, which will also offer numerous business opportunities for Depe in terms of the licenses granted on behalf of the brand for many commercial products.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index