Abu Dhabi Media names key official
Abu Dhabi, November 25, 2012
Abu Dhabi Media, one of the fastest growing, multi-platform media and entertainment organizations in the Middle East, said it has appointed Dr Mohammed El-Said as the company's new general counsel.
The appointment of Dr El-Said, a leading legal executive, reinforces Abu Dhabi Media’s commitment to expanding its senior leadership team, in order to support the company’s rapidly growing operations as a principal multi-platform media organization in the Middle East.
He holds an LLB from the University of Jordan, an LLM in International Business Law and a PhD in Intellectual Property Matters from the University of Manchester.
Dr El-Said will oversee Abu Dhabi Media’s legal department and work to safeguard the company’s rights and will be reporting directly to the CEO Ayman Safadi.
“Dr El-Said brings years of legal expertise from the regional media field and is a great addition to our organization. He is appointed to direct our legal function and oversee transactions, as well as to protect the organization’s rights,” said Safadi.
Prior to this, Dr El Said served as senior legal counsel at Al Jazeera Media Network, for more than six years, specializing in technology and media intellectual property rights issues, drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements, the drafting and implementation of policies and procedures, legal compliance, and overseeing litigation.
Before joining Al Jazeera, Dr. El Said practiced law in Jordan from 1999 to 2005.
On his appointment, Dr. El-Said said, ”I’m delighted to be given the opportunity to be part of Abu Dhabi Media, a leading media organization. I am also hopeful that my expertise will enable the organization to achieve further success.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE