Abu Dhabi Tourism targets 13 countries
Abu Dhabi, November 18, 2012
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) will mount destination pavilions at 16 trade fairs in 13 countries next year and stage 19 road shows across eight nations.
The emphasis of the road shows will be on the emerging CIS, Indian, China and South American markets, a statement said.
The authority will lead a pavilion and delegation for the first time to the World Travel Market Latin America in Sao Paolo next April just months ahead of June’s launch by Etihad Airways of a daily Sao Paolo-Abu Dhabi service.
“Our aim at this particular show will be to spread destination awareness within the Brazilian market and forge a network of trade partners in this increasing important region,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, International Promotions Manager, TCA Abu Dhabi.
The authority’ destination road shows will be spread across China, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, the Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Australia and India.
“Within India, the road show programme, next November, will take in five cities, including, for the first time, Ahmedabad, the capital of Gujarat state, from which Etihad this month will commence daily flights to Abu Dhabi,” explained Al Nuaimi.
“This is totally aligned with our own promotional development strategy which foresees, early next year, an on-the-ground TCA Abu Dhabi representational office within India, which is now the destination’s second most productive international source market for hotel guests after the UK.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released