Abu Dhabi Tourism targets 13 countries
Abu Dhabi, November 18, 2012
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) will mount destination pavilions at 16 trade fairs in 13 countries next year and stage 19 road shows across eight nations.
The emphasis of the road shows will be on the emerging CIS, Indian, China and South American markets, a statement said.
The authority will lead a pavilion and delegation for the first time to the World Travel Market Latin America in Sao Paolo next April just months ahead of June’s launch by Etihad Airways of a daily Sao Paolo-Abu Dhabi service.
“Our aim at this particular show will be to spread destination awareness within the Brazilian market and forge a network of trade partners in this increasing important region,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, International Promotions Manager, TCA Abu Dhabi.
The authority’ destination road shows will be spread across China, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia, the Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Australia and India.
“Within India, the road show programme, next November, will take in five cities, including, for the first time, Ahmedabad, the capital of Gujarat state, from which Etihad this month will commence daily flights to Abu Dhabi,” explained Al Nuaimi.
“This is totally aligned with our own promotional development strategy which foresees, early next year, an on-the-ground TCA Abu Dhabi representational office within India, which is now the destination’s second most productive international source market for hotel guests after the UK.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut