Bahrain firms urged to back sporting events
Manama, November 4, 2012
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) has called on businesses and also the tourism industry to co-operate with government agencies to promote such big events as the 21st Gulf Cup and the Formula One race.
BCCI chairman Dr Essam Fakhro urged the business houses to support all sporting events being hosted by the kingdom during the next season, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
"There are direct and indirect economic benefits from such events," said Dr Fakhro and added that many countries are now relying on sporting events and conferences and exhibitions to spur trade activities.
"Bahrain has successfully hosted such big events and championships over the years, which has created a strong economic image of the kingdom before the whole world," he said.
Dr Fakhro urged the private sector to support Bahrain's economic and trade initiatives and boost the tourism sector by holding promotional activities alongside the two events.
He said the chamber has an integrated strategic vision for promoting the economy and the tourism sector. "It is also backing a plan to create an ideal atmosphere for companies to invest in Bahrain. "This is in line with the kingdom's initiatives to diversify income resources."
The BCCI chief praised the leadership for supporting the national economy and helping reinforce the confidence of the world in investing in Bahrain and promoting stability.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut
- Yas Waterworld launches pearl diving show