Bahrain firms urged to back sporting events
Manama, November 4, 2012
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) has called on businesses and also the tourism industry to co-operate with government agencies to promote such big events as the 21st Gulf Cup and the Formula One race.
BCCI chairman Dr Essam Fakhro urged the business houses to support all sporting events being hosted by the kingdom during the next season, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
"There are direct and indirect economic benefits from such events," said Dr Fakhro and added that many countries are now relying on sporting events and conferences and exhibitions to spur trade activities.
"Bahrain has successfully hosted such big events and championships over the years, which has created a strong economic image of the kingdom before the whole world," he said.
Dr Fakhro urged the private sector to support Bahrain's economic and trade initiatives and boost the tourism sector by holding promotional activities alongside the two events.
He said the chamber has an integrated strategic vision for promoting the economy and the tourism sector. "It is also backing a plan to create an ideal atmosphere for companies to invest in Bahrain. "This is in line with the kingdom's initiatives to diversify income resources."
The BCCI chief praised the leadership for supporting the national economy and helping reinforce the confidence of the world in investing in Bahrain and promoting stability.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released