Panasonic to sponsor new Unesco TV series
Osaka, August 30, 2012
Panasonic Corporation has announced the sponsorship of a new television series focused on Unesco World Heritage Sites to be aired on the National Geographic Channel (NGC) across the world starting this autumn.
As part of its strategic partnership agreement with the Unesco World Heritage Centre, Panasonic has been solely sponsoring "The World Heritage Special" broadcast on the NGC in 193 countries and regions since June 2011.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the signing of the Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage this year and support its principles, Panasonic has further strengthened its partnership with the NGC to sponsor the new TV series, a statement from the company said.
Called "Access 360° World Heritage," which was newly commissioned to the NGC for productions, the programme will focus on the sites of natural and cultural heritage around the world and illustrate the work to protect and conserve these sites, including the latest technologies and people that support the work behind the scenes.
It will be broadcast from September to May 2013, the statement said.
The new series will also be offered free as an archived streaming video via Panasonic's Viera Connect IPTV service, gradually becoming available from this October in Japan, US, Europe and other parts of the world.
Developed and operated by Actvila Corporation, the application will allow owners of Viera Connect-enabled TVs to enjoy HD video of World Heritage sites by installing from the Viera Connect market.
Panasonic's digital single lens mirrorless cameras Lumix G were used to supplement the main shoot and capture some general video (GVs) on location in New York. A selection of this footage will be integrated into the episode entitled "Access 360° Statue of Liberty," which is set for broadcast in December. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show