Abu Dhabi upgrades tourism website
Abu Dhabi, May 31, 2012
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has launched an upgraded version of its official destination website visitabudhabi.ae, supported by a wide array of social media channels.
The refreshed website is designed as a one-stop-shop for tourists who want to explore the emirate, giving them easy access to interact, in any of eight languages, with extensive, dynamic information on Abu Dhabi’s attractions and experiences, culture and heritage, and events and recreation activities.
The new content and functionalities are available Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
The website’s new hotel search option, which aggregates live deals and room availability from over 50 booking engines, allows visitors to find real-time information prior to their decision to book.
This innovative approach to hotel and restaurant data is also designed to benefit hotels which should expect higher online sales, due to traffic coming to the booking engines via the destination website’s new search facility.
The new consumer-orientated website also acts as a base for the launch of the destination’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, Flickr and Pinterest), inviting travellers to become active contributors to the destination, to post, comment, get inspired and share their experience.
During June, visitors to visitabudhabi.ae can enter an Abu Dhabi 360⁰ competition when they subscribe to the website’s planned e-newsletter. By joining visitabudhabi.ae registered users’ club, visitors can stay in touch with all that is new in Abu Dhabi, find out more about what to see and do, where to stay and eat and get the chance to win a holiday.
TCA Abu Dhabi has partnered with Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas to offer one lucky winner an ultimate Abu Dhabi 360⁰ journey and a panoramic view of the emirate.
The package includes: return business class tickets to Abu Dhabi with the award-winning Etihad Airways, transportation from Abu Dhabi International Airport to hotels and back, and a total of six nights and breakfast at the newly opened, five-star Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara, the luxurious Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort & Spa by Anantara, and the Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara.
The destination website & social media channels are meant to accompany visitors in all stages of their trip from dreaming and planning, to the actual booking, throughout their stay in Abu Dhabi, and upon their return to home.
To further enhance the visitors’ experience a second stage of the visitabudhabi.ae enhancements, to be completed by the year end, will include iPhone and iPad apps, interactive maps, flight booking, car rental, and additional social media channels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released