Abu Dhabi upgrades tourism website
Abu Dhabi, May 31, 2012
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has launched an upgraded version of its official destination website visitabudhabi.ae, supported by a wide array of social media channels.
The refreshed website is designed as a one-stop-shop for tourists who want to explore the emirate, giving them easy access to interact, in any of eight languages, with extensive, dynamic information on Abu Dhabi’s attractions and experiences, culture and heritage, and events and recreation activities.
The new content and functionalities are available Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
The website’s new hotel search option, which aggregates live deals and room availability from over 50 booking engines, allows visitors to find real-time information prior to their decision to book.
This innovative approach to hotel and restaurant data is also designed to benefit hotels which should expect higher online sales, due to traffic coming to the booking engines via the destination website’s new search facility.
The new consumer-orientated website also acts as a base for the launch of the destination’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, Flickr and Pinterest), inviting travellers to become active contributors to the destination, to post, comment, get inspired and share their experience.
During June, visitors to visitabudhabi.ae can enter an Abu Dhabi 360⁰ competition when they subscribe to the website’s planned e-newsletter. By joining visitabudhabi.ae registered users’ club, visitors can stay in touch with all that is new in Abu Dhabi, find out more about what to see and do, where to stay and eat and get the chance to win a holiday.
TCA Abu Dhabi has partnered with Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas to offer one lucky winner an ultimate Abu Dhabi 360⁰ journey and a panoramic view of the emirate.
The package includes: return business class tickets to Abu Dhabi with the award-winning Etihad Airways, transportation from Abu Dhabi International Airport to hotels and back, and a total of six nights and breakfast at the newly opened, five-star Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa by Anantara, the luxurious Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort & Spa by Anantara, and the Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara.
The destination website & social media channels are meant to accompany visitors in all stages of their trip from dreaming and planning, to the actual booking, throughout their stay in Abu Dhabi, and upon their return to home.
To further enhance the visitors’ experience a second stage of the visitabudhabi.ae enhancements, to be completed by the year end, will include iPhone and iPad apps, interactive maps, flight booking, car rental, and additional social media channels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections