Zain offers cricket alerts in 3 languages
Manama, May 7, 2012
Zain Bahrain, a leading telecom service provider, has introduced an SMS cricket service in Urdu, Hindi and English to enable fans from the subcontinent to get the latest information on the go.
Called Cricket Service the service allows customers to receive SMS information on match schedules, match live score updates, wicket alerts, innings summary, experts’ opinion, team’s rating, player’s rating and details of player’s records and achievements.
The service has six channels and fans can subscribe according to their preferred language and national teams. Channel 1 is for Pakistan fans, 2 for India, 3 for Bangladesh, 4 for Sri Lanka (all English language) while 5 offers Urdu SMS and 6 offers Hindi SMS.
The service is available for a nominal fee of 500 fils ($1.32) a week and it’s on a free trial period for a week as well.
“With our expatriate customers being such ardent fans of cricket, we felt we should provide them with a service that would put any match at their fingertips,” said Fatima Haidar, marketing specialist at Zain Bahrain.
“We are sure that they will enjoy this service, especially now that the IPL is going on and the World Cup matches will be played from September 18 onward,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats