Leadership comes from within says expert
Dubai, March 29, 2012
Leaders don’t have to look too far for the right answers as they change the game from inside out, according to a new book that is ready to go on sale online starting this week.
Hot off the press Wendy Appel’s InsideOut Enneagram is a fresh look at what it takes to be an effective leader. Appel stresses that the shift to more effective and authentic leadership in the new world of work comes from within.
Appel, considered an Enneagram expert, encourages would-be game-changers to embrace this ancient system and look inside before talking out.
“We are each wired in an individual way that effects how we show up as the leader we are today and the leader we can be - in business, in community, and in life,” she said.
Pitched as a leadership guidebook, it is also a good read as Appel bravely shares how her 20-year relationship with the Enneagram is transformational. She uses numerous ‘real life’ stories and examples to make her case.
UK-based Eric Nicoli, CBE, chairman R&R Music and former chairman, EMI Group, described InsideOut Enneagram is a “compelling read that is fresh, inviting and real.”
“I will use it to unleash previously un-tapped inner resources in my on-going personal quest to improve my management approach,” he said.
Meanwhile, cultural Anthropologist Angeles Arrien, PhD, dubbed the work as an “invaluable resource for anyone who wants to be more consciously self-aware of how to become more effective, in all aspects of life.”
“InsideOut Enneagram is an inspirational, insightful, and practical guidebook,” Arrien said.
Prior to putting fingers to keyboard to produce this 450-page read, Appel carved a name for herself as seasoned consultant, strategist, coach and public speaker specialising in organisational development, coaching, and change leadership.
She said that the Enneagram has been fundamental to her work for the last two decades.
“I have seen this process equip countless individuals with the tools to navigate their inner landscapes and effectively explore worldviews, interrelationships and transform results, to boot.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps