EIBTM names new advisory board members
London, March 28, 2012
EIBTM, the leading global event for the meetings and events industry, has added seven new members to its Advisory Board, as part of EIBTM’s commitment to building strong industry relations.
New members include: Meenaz Lilani (executive director Global Sales EMEA at Fairmont Raffles Swissotel Hotels and Resorts), Bruna Migliazza (managing director, Hay Group), Luca Favetta (senior director Global Events, SAP), Barbara Albrecht (managing director, Swiss Convention Bureau), Ole Sorang (director of Regional Marketing, Rezidor), Eric Mottard (CEO, Eventoplus) and Sherif Kamarat (COO, PCMA).
“The EIBTM Advisory Board clearly demonstrates Reed Travel Exhibitions’ commitment to delivering the best value and experience for buyers and exhibitors at EIBTM. The diversity of its members brings unique business intelligence and strengths that perfectly positions EIBTM at the forefront of a dynamic marketplace” said Kamarat.
Eric Rozenberg, president of Swantegy and non-executive chairman of Reed Travel Exhibitions Global Meeting, Events and Business Travel Portfolio said: “The EIBTM Advisory Board is a strategic element of the overall success of EIBTM.”
“Some of the most dynamic and insightful leaders in our industry provide highly valuable and direct advice, which enables the EIBTM senior management team to continuously improve the product in order to exceed market expectations.”
Graeme Barnett, Reed Travel Exhibitions, EIBTM event director said: “On the back of our best ever EIBTM in 2011 and as one of RTE’s largest exhibitions, it is critical that we continually seek to improve and evolve the event to meet the needs of our customers and the markets and industries that EIBTM serves.”
“The current Advisory Board consisted of nine members and after careful consideration, we have decided to expand the Board to increase the richness and diversity of the membership group to provide a greater depth of insight and knowledge.”
“In effect, The Advisory Board acts as a ‘critical friend’, providing advice and support on purpose, vision and planning. Our members also act as a sounding board for new ideas and developments that lead to growth,” he added.
EIBTM also continues to work with their Executive Committee who remain the key stakeholders in the show.
“The Executive Council provide significant input as to the operational delivery of EIBTM but also how the City of Barcelona and its stakeholders can play the lead role as host city to the event,” Barnett added.
“Over recent years the relationship we have developed with our local stakeholders has helped enormously in making the experience our participants receive in Barcelona of the highest level.”
EIBTM 2012 takes place from November 27 to 29 in Barcelona. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat