Alwaleed backs global youth summit
Riyadh, January 5, 2012
Saudi Arabia’s Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation has granted $50,000 to an upcoming global youth summit on innovative philanthropy and social entrepreneurship in New York.
Convened by Search for Common Ground and the Young Donor Network, The Nexus summit will be held from July 26 to 29 as follow up to the first meeting on Young Philanthropy held at the United Nations.
Princess Ameerah, wife of Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, chairman of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation, said: "We are proud of the support provided by Alwaleed Foundation to the program, the foundation works to support youth education and training as they are an effective element to society."
The summit goals are to bridge communities of wealth and social entrepreneurship through dialogue, collaborative problem solving and education, catalyse young global philanthropy and social investment, explore and advance the potential of next generation leadership across nations and sectors.
The objectives of the programme are to develop a campaign for a culture of philanthropy, create learning networks and supporting follow-up events. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders