Six remanded over Bahrain schoolboy's death
Manama, September 27, 2013
Six people have been remanded in custody for 45 days in connection with the death of a five-year-old boy, who was locked inside a school bus for almost six hours.
Four women and two men are in custody in connection with the incident, the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
They include the bus driver, a woman who accompanies children on the bus, the school's owner, bus service supervisor, kindergarten and nursery principal and Rashid's class teacher.
They appeared before a remand judge at the Lower Criminal Court yesterday, the report added.
Al Rawabi School, in Jeblat Habshi, was closed on September 19 by the Education Ministry following the tragic death of Bahraini Rashid Fadhel Buzuhaira.
Primary, secondary and intermediate classes resumed at the school this week and the kindergarten and nursery department will reopen on Sunday.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel