UAE detains 3,371 residency law violators
Abu Dhabi, August 20, 2013
UAE’s Ministry of Interior apprehended 3,371 violators, including 21 beggars, of the its residence laws during Ramadan.
The detentions were made following raids carried out by the Violators and Foreigners Follow-up Department across the state, said a statement.
The ministry has called upon the public to help capture violators by calling the Sahim service on the toll-free number: 80080.
Colonel Ali Ibrahim Al Tunaiji, head of the department, stressed that these campaigns are a part of the efforts of the department and other state level divisions to curtail the prevalence of intruders and violators of the Law of Entry and Residence of Foreigners. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: UAE |
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms