Bahrain may criminalise insults in social media
Manama, May 29, 2013
Bahrain’s MPs voted in favour of an amendment to the Penal Code yesterday (May 28) that would criminalise insults made through sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab said the amendment needed revision, since the nature of social media had still not been defined on the global stage.
The proposal will be referred to the Cabinet. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Deal dead if US passes new sanctions, warns Iran
- Bahrain calls to fast-track GCC union
- Bahrain to join GCC disaster aid body
- Bahrain to beef up security for National Day
- Bahrain unearths plot to bomb US Navy base
- Iran must stop meddling in GCC affairs, says Saudi
- Iran proposes new regional bloc
- GCC union 'best option to confront threats'
- Bahraini firms protest postal fee rise
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel