Bahrain National Dialogue to resume today
Manama, April 28, 2013
The 15th session of Bahrain’s National Consensus Dialogue on a political theme will be held today, a report said.
The agreed agenda that includes a discussion on the dialogue's outcomes and a point related to equal representation, in addition to principles and values in accordance with the minutes of the working group's meeting on March 31, will be discussed, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Dialogue spokesman Isa Abdulrahman explained that participants will continue the discussion on a third point related to the outcome: "The consensus reached by participants represents a committed and comprehensive final agreement that includes certain provisions for constitutional amendments, laws and/or procedures.
“Constitutional amendments mean changes, deletions and/or additions to the constitution which are to be referred to His Majesty King Hamad according to the agreed upon mechanisms."
He added the National Democratic Opposition Societies suggested adding the following phrase: "To submit the provision of the constitutional amendments to a public referendum and implement the amendments on laws and procedures according to constitutional means."
Meanwhile, independent members proposed adding the following: "To resort to the constitutional means in accordance with the authorities and mechanisms of the implementation of the dialogue's outcome that the participants will agree on." – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups
- Qatar minister demands key GCC role in Iran talks
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed