Bahrain party in new dialogue bid
Manama, June 2, 2012
Efforts are underway for a dialogue with opposition group Al Wefaq, Minister of State for Information Affairs Samira Rajab said.
She told CNNArabic that attempts are underway to surmount obstacles and deal with unfeasible conditions to pave the way for the dialogue.
There are even contacts and mediation to this effect, but they are slow, she said, according to our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
She said opposition activist Nabeel Rajab had lost credibility when his activities had gone beyond human rights. He got involved in all forms of politics, the minister added.
Al Wefaq, which had 18 seats in Bahrain's parliament, pulled out of a national dialogue initiated after last year's unrest to chart the way forward for Bahrain. Its MPs also resigned their parliamentary seats.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Saudi detains 10 more in Iran spying case
- Dubai Courts begins e-case registration
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- Saudi to allow expats with new work visas
- Kharafi wins $930m damages from Libya
- US must stop 'Iranian plot against Bahrain'
- Saudi says hackers sabotage govt websites
- Saudi princes lose battle to keep UK lawsuit secret
- Egyptians 'gloomier over country's future'
- Iran ‘ready’ for nuke talks with world powers