Bahrain party in new dialogue bid
Manama, June 2, 2012
Efforts are underway for a dialogue with opposition group Al Wefaq, Minister of State for Information Affairs Samira Rajab said.
She told CNNArabic that attempts are underway to surmount obstacles and deal with unfeasible conditions to pave the way for the dialogue.
There are even contacts and mediation to this effect, but they are slow, she said, according to our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
She said opposition activist Nabeel Rajab had lost credibility when his activities had gone beyond human rights. He got involved in all forms of politics, the minister added.
Al Wefaq, which had 18 seats in Bahrain's parliament, pulled out of a national dialogue initiated after last year's unrest to chart the way forward for Bahrain. Its MPs also resigned their parliamentary seats.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms