Bahrain mulls changes to pension rules
Manama, March 31, 2012
The pension benefits in Bahrain will be unified in all sectors and scheme will be revised to include new beneficiaries in some cases employees allowed years of service before they are granted Bahraini nationality to be included in their service, said a top official.
Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa in his reply to a question by MP Mohammed Bu Qais said the law would also allow a pensioner to choose between a one-time payment and a regular pension, if he has been subscribed for at least 10 years, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The new law also reinstates widow’s pension, which was suspended on her remarriage, the report added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Obama defends Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- Terrorist armies in Syria 'a big threat'
- Oman pulls out of Gulf Union plans
- Bahrain denounces terror groups
- Qatar minister demands key GCC role in Iran talks
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed