Bahrain mulls changes to pension rules
Manama, March 31, 2012
The pension benefits in Bahrain will be unified in all sectors and scheme will be revised to include new beneficiaries in some cases employees allowed years of service before they are granted Bahraini nationality to be included in their service, said a top official.
Finance Minister Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa in his reply to a question by MP Mohammed Bu Qais said the law would also allow a pensioner to choose between a one-time payment and a regular pension, if he has been subscribed for at least 10 years, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The new law also reinstates widow’s pension, which was suspended on her remarriage, the report added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- UAE's $3bn aid for Egypt 'to take time'
- UAE to make doping horses a criminal offence
- Bahrain puts Hizbollah on terror list
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- Dubai authorities seize 259 elephant tusks
- Iran bars Rafsanjani from presidential election
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork