Bahraini Premier calls for fast-track reforms
Manama, November 14, 2011
His Royal Highness Prime Minister of Bahrain, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, yesterday urged ministers to fast-track implementation of National Dialogue recommendations.
Yesterday's Cabinet session, which he chaired, discussed an update on 10 draft laws endorsing a set of 15 recommendations, which were referred to the legislative authority. They include the draft laws on the press, child, labour in the private sector and audio-visual media.
The Cabinet was also updated on draft laws reflecting 25 other recommendations.
Ministries are also putting in place legal tools to implement 16 other recommendations. HRH the Premier instructed ministries to fast-track draft laws in co-ordination with the follow-up committee and the legal jurisprudence authority. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Bahrain inks key sports deal
- US commitment to ME security proven: Hagel
- GCC 'should have been consulted on Iran deal'
- Jordan elected to take Saudi UN Council seat
- Yemen regains ministry compound, 12 militants killed
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms