Bahraini Premier calls for fast-track reforms
Manama, November 14, 2011
His Royal Highness Prime Minister of Bahrain, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, yesterday urged ministers to fast-track implementation of National Dialogue recommendations.
Yesterday's Cabinet session, which he chaired, discussed an update on 10 draft laws endorsing a set of 15 recommendations, which were referred to the legislative authority. They include the draft laws on the press, child, labour in the private sector and audio-visual media.
The Cabinet was also updated on draft laws reflecting 25 other recommendations.
Ministries are also putting in place legal tools to implement 16 other recommendations. HRH the Premier instructed ministries to fast-track draft laws in co-ordination with the follow-up committee and the legal jurisprudence authority. – TradeArabia News Service
More Government & Laws Stories
- Dubai eGovt honoured for app, ePay portal
- $2m US aid for Bahrain opposition
- Egypt court rejects religious slogans in poll
- Jordan economy set to grow 3.5 pc
- Saudi warns Iran over threats to Bahrain
- UAE's $3bn aid for Egypt 'to take time'
- UAE to make doping horses a criminal offence
- Bahrain puts Hizbollah on terror list
- New body to fight illicit consumer goods trade
- New GCC tobacco tax ‘could fuel illicit trade’